Job Title: Heat & Frost Insulator Helper
Location: North Vancouver Island
Status: Full Time
AARC West Mechanical Insulation, one of the leading mechanical insulation companies in BC, is looking for general insulation helpers for North Vancouver Island.
We offer competitive union wages, including benefits and pension once probation period has been successfully completed, and in-house training for employment required certifications.
Duties will include:
- Material Handling and sit preparation
- Applying insulating material to exposed surfaces and structures, such as air ducts, hot and cold pipes, storage tanks, and cold storage rooms.
- Brushing adhesives on or attaching metal adhesive-backed pins to flat surfaces as necessary to facilitate application of insulation material.
- Measuring and cutting insulation material to specified size and shape for covering flat or round surfaces, using tape measure, knife, or scissors.
- Fitting, wrapping, or attaching required insulation material around or to structure, flowing blueprint specifications.
- Covering or sealing insulation with preformed plastic covers, canvas strips, sealant, or tape to secure insulation to structure, according to type of insulation used and structure covered, using
staple gun, trowel, paintbrush, or calking gun.
- MUST BE RELIABLE.
- Hold a Valid Drivers License
- No experience in the mechanical insulation trade necessary.
- Ability to work from oral, written instructions, sketches, and diagrams.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with other trades.
- Ability to work from ladders, scissor lifts and scaffolds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What we offer:
- Above market union wages
- Full benefits including dental, extended health, employee assistance and medical through the union after probation period
- Pension contribution plan through the union after probation period
- Opportunities for growth, including apprenticeship programs and supervisory roles
- Ability to grow within the company to different divisions
< View more job postings